18-Apr-11 // Get Superior DIVX Playback with Club 3D
Club 3D Radeon HD 6800 and HD 6900 Series
Get the best possible playback of your DivX movies with DivX Accelerated™ products from AMD. With DivX software installed and the DivX Accelerated solution on AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 and HD 6900 series products, you can enjoy an improved DivX video playback experience by lowering CPU load, reducing noise on home theater PCs and improving overall computer operation.
In 2011, this technology will also be enabled in DivX Plus Player and DivX Plus Web Player.
To take advantage of this enhanced video playback experience, please follow these instructions:
A. Software Installation
1. Make sure you have the supported hardware and most up-to-date driver package from AMD
2. Download and install the following decoder filter:
3. Download and install Media Player Classic (MPC) Home Cinema:
4. Download and install the June 2010 DirectX runtime:
5. Configure Media Player Classic (MPC) Home Cinema:
a. Launch MPC
b. Select: View>Options..
c. Navigate to: External Filters
d. Click: Add Filter..
e. Select: DivX Decoder Filter
f. Click: OK
g. Select: Prefer
h. Click: OK
B. CPU Performance without HW Acceleration
1. Launch the DivX Control Panel: Start -> All Programs -> DivX Plus -> Codec Settings
2. Navigate to the Advanced tab.
3. Scroll to the ASP section.
4. Select: Use DXVA hardware accelerated playback when available.
5. Re-launch Media Player Classic and play a video. Note the CPU usage change.
Compare the CPU performance between B and C; you should notice a significant difference depending on your CPU. The less powerful your CPU is, the more drastic the performance difference.
To find out more about Club 3D HD 6000 series please click here
DivX®, DivX TV™ and associated logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Rovi Corporation or its subsidiaries in the USA and in other countries. All other names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of their respective owners.